Timeline

February 14, 1935

  • International Harvester Company Fort Wayne Works Employees Federal Credit Union was organized

April 1, 1935

  • Credit union began operations ($250 in assets, 3 employees)

1947

  • Reached $1 million in assets

1952

  • Reached $2 million in assets

1959

  • Reached $4 million in assets

1961

  • Reached $5 million in assets

1965

  • Largest credit union in state of Indiana ($8.9M in assets, 6,997 members)

1966

  • Reached $10 million in assets

1976

  • Credit union office relocated to New Haven Avenue, outside IH property, in its first stand-alone main office ($35.7M in assets, 11,722 members, 14 employees)

1982

  • Adopted the name Three Rivers Federal Credit Union
  • Membership opened to other area businesses
  • Credit union begins selling mortgages

1986

  • Expanded to Maplewood Shopping Center

1987

  • Acquired St. Marys Credit Union in Ohio

1989

  • Credit union’s first ATM was added

Early 1990s

  • New corporate office opened at Northland Boulevard
  • Branches opened in Bluffton and Kendallville

1996

  • Three Rivers became first federally chartered credit union in Indiana to be designated by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) as a Community Development Credit Union (CDCU), allowing us to offer membership to an underserved area of Fort Wayne.

1999

  • 7 branches expanded. The new branches were the first in-store credit unions in the state of Indiana and set a precedent by operating 7 days a week with extended weeknight hours.

November 2000

  • Scott’s Coventry became Indiana's first Credit Union Service Center Shared Branch Outlet, allowing members of participating credit unions to conduct financial transactions as if they are at their own credit union

2003

  • Reached $400M in assets with 190 employees

2005

  • Community charter expansion announced, allowing anyone who lives, works, or volunteers in the Indiana counties of Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Noble, Wells, and Whitley to become a member of Three Rivers.

2009

  • Two branches become LEED-certified: Dupont and West Jefferson, making 3Rivers the leading financial institution in the state for LEED-certified resource centers
  • Credit union was rebranded as "3Rivers"

2012

  • Reached $673.3M in assets with 232 employees

2013

  • Completion of Northland expansion
  • Don Cates named President/CEO

2014

  • Reached $754M in assets with 250 employees