Graduate Private Student Loan
For students pursuing a master’s degree in a business program, 3Rivers’ Graduate Private Student Loan, powered by Student Choice, is designed to fill in any gaps in college funding.
The benefits of Graduate Private Student Loans:
- Allows for fully deferred payment while you’re in school (optional)
- One application for your entire graduate career
- Line-of-credit structure so you can borrow funds when you need them
- Low interest rate with zero origination and prepayment fees
Borrow up to $60,000 for your entire graduate career*
Borrow from $1,000 up to your school’s cost of attendance each year
Flexible repayment options, resulting in lower initial payments after graduation
- Earn a 0.25% rate discount during full repayment when you enroll in automatic payment
- Co-signer release option removes co-signer’s responsibility after 60 months of payments and when other requirements have been met
- Application help available 24/7 at 866.825.6454
*Subject to qualification and annual credit review
How It Works
Funds are given directly to your school for tuition and other costs. If additional funds remain after tuition, fees, and other campus costs are paid, the school sends this money to the student for books, transportation, technology, and other expenses. You can then request additional funds as needed or pay back unused funds, so that you borrow exactly how much you need.
- Enrolled at least half-time in a 4-year degree-granting program at one of 2,000+ eligible colleges/universities
- Student and co-signer (if applicable) have a checking or savings account at 3Rivers
- Student meets the school’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Student or co-signer meets the income and credit score requirements**
**Subject to change
As a borrower who already has established a 3Rivers’ Graduate Private Student Loan, you can simply draw funds from your existing student loan line of credit.
Click here to requesting additional funds from your 3Rivers’ Graduate Private Student Loan or call the 24/7 Student Choice hotline phone number for assistance at 866.825.6454.
Interest on student loans obtained prior to your military service is limited to 6% during periods of active duty. If your existing interest rate is less than 6%, it will not change.
- Borrower must request this benefit for it to be processed. This request is separate from the military deferment request.
- Borrower must submit proof of military mobilization or call to active duty with a beginning and end date. If no end date is provided, the rate reduction will be approved for one year.
- To request the military active duty rate reduction, contact University Accounting Service (UAS) at www.uasecho.com or by calling 800.723.2210.
University Accounting Service (UAS) is 3Rivers’ student loan servicer. To view your account balance or make payments, visit the UAS website or call 800.723.2210.
Choose one of three repayment options:
- Full Deferment (deferred principal and interest): No required payments while in school plus six months grace period
- Pay Interest Only (deferred principal): Make interest-only payments while in school
- Full Payment: Make principal and interest payments while in school
Existing borrowers can switch repayment options by contacting UAS. Consider the additional graduated repayment option.
- Graduated Repayment Option: To help recent graduates with tight budgets, the first two years' minimum required payment is lowered.*
- Earn a 0.25% rate discount for graduates enrolled in automated payments in full repayment or graduated repayment option. Enroll at www.uasecho.com.
If you are experiencing financial challenges, don't hesitate to ask for help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 260.490.8328 ext. 8265. Our dedicated customer service representatives are available to help you.
*Amortizes first 2 years’ payments over a 40-year period. The payment plan is then amortized over a period of 18 or 23 years (depending on the loan balance) for the remainder of the loan.
Co-signer Release Option
Co-signer’s responsibility can be removed after 60 months of full on-time repayments have been made post-graduation and the student meets income and credit score requirements. Email email@example.com to request a co-signer release.