A Year of Giving: The 3Rivers Credit Union Foundation
By: Melissa Shaw
Posted on Tuesday, November 3, 2015
November is a month for reflection and giving thanks. As we look back in 2015, our 80th Anniversary year, 3Rivers is thankful to be able to give back to the community and celebrate the first year of the 3Rivers Credit Union Foundation.
Since the foundation’s launch on February 14, 2015 the Foundation has awarded over $160,000 to 19 area non-profits that fit the foundation’s mission of providing financial literacy, education, and health and wellness to the region.
We are proud to announce and celebrate those 19 recipients:
- Allen County Education Partnership DBA Project READS
- Artlink, Inc.
- Blue Jacket, Inc.
- Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana
- Community Transportation Network, Inc.
- East Wayne Street Center
- Erin’s House for Grieving Children
- Fort Wayne Ballet, Inc.
- Historic Fort Wayne, Inc.
- Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry
- Interfaith Hospitality Network of Greater Fort Wayne, Inc.
- Kendallville Public Library (WordUP program)
- Mad Anthony Children's Hope House
- Out of the Darkness Community Walk
- The Brandon Foundation
- YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne
- YWCA Northeast Indiana
We were overwhelmed with deserving and compelling requests, and in the process learned so much about the needs of our community and all the organizations that make life a little better for those they serve.
As 2015 comes to an end, we celebrate and are thankful for all those who work hard to make a difference in the community. We are grateful to live out the credit union philosophy of people helping people, and look forward to having an even greater impact in 2016.
To learn more about the 3Rivers Credit Union Foundation go to www.3riversfcu.org/foundation.