Credit Union Buddy (CUB) Account
Good grades are their own reward...but $20 isn’t bad, either!
- Open a CUB (Credit Union Buddy) account and receive $5 for each report card you bring in with a grade of A (or equivalent).*
- Earn up to $20 for the school year
- Receive a reward when you open your CUB account and a stamp on your CUB Card every time you deposit $15 or more.
- When you have $150 in your CUB account, you’ll get a CUB mascot stuffed animal.
*$20 maximum per child per school year awarded to first 1,000 students each grading period. Children through 5th grade may participate. Grades must be from most recent grading period. Hold put on $5 for 30-day period to encourage saving.
psst! Take a look at the bottom of this page to download and print your own coloring page featuring our CUB mascot, Savings Sam.
Maybe they’ve only just taken their first steps or said their first words. But their first savings account is a huge step in teaching your children about managing money for the rest of their lives. Click the link below and select the third button down on the left ("Open Minor Account"). Then fill out the form for your child, including social security number, and select a "Standard Savings" account.
Rates & Terms
- Standard Savings
Dividend Rate 1
* $25 minimum balance required to open. Dividends are calculated on the daily balance, compounded monthly and credited to the account at the end of the month. Dividends begin to accrue upon deposit. Savings rates are variable and set by the Board of Directors on a monthly basis.
1 Variable rate account, rate is subject to change anytime after account opening. Fees could reduce earnings. Please see our Fee Disclosure Statement for further information about fees potentially related to these accounts.
2 APY=Annual Percentage Yield. Deposit accounts are insured by account ownership up to $250,000 by the NATIONAL CREDIT UNION ADMINISTRATION. Additional insurance coverage of $250,000 is provided by EXCESS SHARE INSURANCE for total protection up to $500,000.