Being Kind Doesn’t Have to Break the Bank: Ideas for Paying it Forward on a Budget
By: Aly Hess
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2017
When we hear about "pay it forward" stories, they often involve spending money. Like paying for the person behind you in line at the coffee shop, or treating the office to morning donuts during the mid-week slump.
While these gestures are indeed very kind, doing them on a regular basis may not be the most feasible way of showing others that you care, since those dollars can add up quickly. There are plenty of ways to practice kindness on a budget, and without spending any money at all, though! From writing a kind note or giving a compliment, to volunteering your time or donating gently used clothing to a local organization in need.
Looking for more ideas? We've rounded up several to get you inspired!
How to Pay it Forward on a Budget
- 60 Selfless Ways to Pay it Forward via marc & angel
- 25 Frugal Ways to Pay it Forward via Wisebread
- 50 Ways to Pay it Forward this Holiday Season via Popsugar
- 25 Ways to Pay it Forward Today via mindbodygreen
- 101 Ways to Pay it Forward via The Winkler Community Foundation
- 12 Heartwarming Ways to Start a Pay it Forward Chain via OneCrazyHouse
What are some of your favorite ways to spread kindness without spending a lot of money?