Personal Finance Tools at Your Fingertips
By: Aly Hess
Posted on Friday, May 2, 2014
We're all guilty of making excuses when it comes to really focusing in and getting a better hold on our personal finances. With all of the information, tools, and support that's been made available online in the last few years, though, much of our financial planning and education can happen in the comfort of our own homes. Perhaps the single most important step towards getting our money matters under control lies in simply being made aware of what our money matters are. Many of us know we've racked up some credit card or student loan debt, we know we're probably spending more in a month than what we make, but we likely don't know just how much debt we have and how it will impact our futures, what changes we could make to save more money, or what path in general we're on financially.
Whether you want to explore how long it'll take to pay off your debts based on repayment options and interest or simply want to create a monthly household budget, there are plenty of outlets online, chalk full of personal finance tools, for you to utilize.
Personal Finance Tools
3Rivers has several tools and calculators that can help get you on track with your money. | Check them out here.
- Calculator: Current Cash Flow
- Calculator: How Much You're Spending
- Calculator: How Much to Save for Emergency Fund
- Calculator: How Long Will Your Money Last?
- Worksheet: Free Printable Budgeting Worksheets
- Excel Spreadsheet: Free Budgeting Templates
Paying Off Debt
- Calculator: Should You Consolidate Personal Debt?
- Calculator: What Will Your Loan Payments Be?
- Calculator: How Long Until Your Loan is Paid Off?
- Calculator: Debt Snowball Plan
- Calculator: How Much to Save to Reach Your Goal
- Calculator: How Long Will it Take to Double Your Money?
- Calculator: Save Now vs. Save Later
- Calculator: What May Your 401(K) Be Worth?
- Calculator: How Much Should You Save for Retirement?
- Calculator: What is the Value of a College Education?
- Calculator: Will You Be Able to Pay Off Your Student Loans?
- Calculator: Advantages of a 529 Savings Plan
- Calculator: Should You Rent or Buy a Home?
- Calculator: How Much Can You Afford for a Vehicle?
- Worksheets: Free Printable Personal Finance + Frugal Living Worksheets
Financial Literacy Websites
- 3Rivers Blog
- iGrad: Financial Literacy and Career Resources
- The Mint
- Yahoo! Finance
- Two Cents: A Lifehacker Blog
- MSN Money
- America Saves
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy
- Practical Money Skills: For Life
- National Credit Union Administration
If you're having trouble fully comprehending what certain calculators are telling you, aren't sure how to go about maintaining a spreadsheet, or simply can't decide where to start, you can always - and often should - seek real life help, too. One of our 3Rivers team members would be happy to help!