Thrifty Thursday: Make-Ahead Freezer Meals
Freezer meal recipes are taking over the wonderful world of Pinterest and lifestyle blogs - for good reason. Making meals that you can freeze and heat up later saves you not only time, but a lot of money, too. Most make-ahead recipes only cost a few dollars to prepare!
Think you need a huge freezer or deep freeze to take part? Think again! Many of these make-ahead meals fit into gallon-size bags or small, aluminium tins, so you can make loads of them without taking up much space. Here are a few freezer meal favorites we can't wait to try:
- Bean, Spinach, and Quinoa Burritos
- Toasty Mac & Cheese
- Fake-Out Starbucks Breakfast Sandwiches
- Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza
- Peach Crisp Dessert
Plan to spend an entire afternoon or evening preparing these meals. Then, enjoy the hours upon hours of free time - and the savings - you'll experience in the weeks to come as a result.
- Here are 50 Freezer Meal recipes via Fabulously Frugal.
- 50 more Freezer Meal recipes via Six Sisters Stuff.
- Ten tasty Vegetarian Freezer Meal recipes via FastTopTen.
- 101 Spring Freezer Meals via Once a Month Meals.
- Make 46 Meals for Under $100 in 4 Hours via Lifehacker.
What are some of your favorite tried-and-true make-ahead recipes? What are you excited to give a go? Let us know!