FREE College Planning Sessions: How to Pay for & Succeed in School
Do you have a child in their senior year of high school, or already attending college or trade school? We're here to help you make sense of funding their education and helping them to succeed as they work toward their future independence.
We're hosting two FREE workshops to help prepare students and their families for the college experience.
Both sessions will be hosted at our Northland branch, located at 1615 Northland Blvd. in Fort Wayne.
Here's what you can expect for each session:
How to Pay for College
Wednesday, November 3
6:30 – 7:30 PM
We'll cover the different options you and your child have when it comes to paying for school. As students prepare for their next chapter, we want to ensure they and their families fully understand their options for financing—from free money to loans.
• Scholarships and grants—how to find them and some tips and tricks for applying.
• Student loan options, including Federal (subsidized and unsubsidized), Private, and
• Community Loans (like the Questa Foundation).
• Out-of-Pocket funds and savings options, like 529 Plans.
• College financial aid options.
• Special circumstances appeals.
Wednesday, December 8
4 PM-8 PM
The FAFSA is a great tool to help with paying for college–it unlocks a variety of federal and state help, and allows many universities to offer scholarships. We want to see you graduate with no student loans, and the FAFSA is an important step. We know it can be a little overwhelming to fill this out each year, so we're available to help you in any capacity you need to ensure you file it accurately and with ease.
Plan for approximately 1 hour to complete the application, though we'll often finish in less time!
Please have the following documentation at the ready before filing:
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Number (or Alien Registration Number)
- 2020 Federal Tax Information or Returns
- Records of Untaxed Income
- Banking Statements (Savings & Checking Balances, Investments & Assets)
- Student & Parent FAFSA IDs (if you’ve filed previously)
Please RSVP by phone at 260.490.8328, ext. 8265 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re here to help! Please call or email us with any questions you may have about these events.