Whether you're preparing for your first year of college or are well into your journey as a student or graduate, 3Rivers has solutions and resources, and a dedicated Youth & College Support Team to help you at every stage!
We want you to reach your current and future goals and are here to support you along the way. We can help you find scholarship opportunities, navigate your financial aid and refinance options, and more, so you can feel confident in making informed decisions that benefit you now and down the road.
Our philosophy on student loans:
We're committed to working with students and their families to find ways to minimize student loan debt. Before ever recommending a student loan, we'll seek ways to reduce the cost of your higher education by providing you with college and career counseling, which can guide you in selecting a school and career path that works best with both your current financial state and your future desired lifestyle. We also help you find free forms of student aid, including grants and scholarships . Once we've exhausted all other resources for free college funding, we'll discuss your best in-school loan options.
Which student loan option is right for you?
There are a lot of "what-if's", and no one type of loan is best for all borrowers. Here are some questions to keep in mind as you consider student loan types:
- How much will you need to borrow? Having a longer repayment period will keep payments more manageable on high-balance loans.
- How quickly will you pay off the loan? The lower offered variable rate may be a better option for you if you intend to start paying off your loan while attending school or quickly after graduation.
- How comfortable are you with change? Fixed rates don’t change, but this stability comes at a higher up-front cost. A variable-rate may change, but typically comes with a lower interest rate up-front.
We're here to help you decide! Get in touch with our Youth & College advisors to determine what student loan option is best for your unique situation!
|Undergraduate Private Student Loan - Variable||$1,000 - $60,000
||as low as 6.99%(1)(2)|
|Undergraduate Private Student Loan - Fixed||$1,000 - $40,000||as low as 5.49%|
|Graduate Private Student Loan - Variable||$1,000 - $60,000
||as low as 8.74%(1)(2)|
|Student Loan Refinance (Federal & Private)||12 - 60 months||Minimum $5,000(3)||as low as 7.34%||8.17%(4)|
|Student Loan Refinance (Federal & Private)||61 - 120 months||Minimum $10,000(3)||as low as 7.84%||8.07%(4)|
|Student Loan Refinance (Federal & Private)||121 - 180 months||Minimum $15,000(3)||as low as 8.34%||8.45%(4)|
(1) The Annual Percentage Rate is subject to change after consummation. Your interest rate is variable and may be adjusted quarterly on each January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1 (Adjustment Date) based on the Prime index as published in the Wall Street Journal on the first business day of the month immediately prior to the Adjustment Date (e.g., December, March, June and September). Any increase in the index may increase the APR and the amount of your monthly payment.
(2) (2) The "Index" for the quarter beginning July 1st, 2022, is 4.00%, which was the Prime index published in the Wall Street Journal on the first business day of June 2022. Current offered rate(s) are calculated by using the Index, Margin and Floor value(s) in effect. Your specific Interest Rate and/or credit approval depends upon the credit qualifications of the student borrower and co-borrower (if applicable). The APR will not exceed 18.00%, or fall below the Floor rate (currently 4.99%) regardless of the Index. Margin will be disclosed at account opening.
Student Choice applications are submitted via our website at: http://3riversfcu.studentchoice.org
(3) Total loan amount considered will be subject to a $100,000 unsecured aggregate limit (excludes credit cards).
(4) APR shown is calculated using the 'as low as' rate, the maximum term, the minimum amount, and a $99 loan processing fee. Your rate is fixed at the time of loan origination and will be determined based on your Loan Term & FICO score/data obtained from your credit file. No Early Payoff Penalties.
Membership required, to learn more visit www.3riversfcu.org/join
Meet Our Youth & College Support Team!
P: 260.310.5022 | O: 260.490.8328 ext. 3314 | E: email@example.com
James Cashman is passionate about education. He started at 3Rivers in 2016, and has found joy in connecting students with their dream careers. In his role as Youth and College Advisor, he supports families as they plan for higher education and transition into the workforce.
Prior to coming aboard 3Rivers, James studied Spanish and Intercultural Studies at Indiana Wesleyan University, worked as a social worker in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and taught in Barcelona, Spain.
Outside the office, he serves on the board of directors at the East Wayne Street Center, a local education non-profit, and enjoys travel, languages, and reading.
View Full Bio Page
P: 260.515.7216 | O: 260.490.8328 ext. 8230 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caitlyn Lawson started her career with 3Rivers in 2016 and has loved being able to help members with their goals and financial wellness journeys. She is dedicated to helping students find their own unique paths upon graduating high school—helping make sense of higher education, career paths, and the many other financial situations students may discover along the way.
Caitlyn’s own path to a higher education was more of a zig-zag than a straight line. Feel free to ask, she’d be happy to share more about her own journey and lessons learned!
Outside of work, she helps coach and teach swimming, loves to hike and explore new places, and is always seeking a new challenge to accomplish.
View Full Bio Page
P: 260.222.3440 | O: 260.490.8328 ext. 8819 | E: email@example.com
Dashyia Haywood is driven to make a difference with the people she encounters. She is passionate about young people and strive to ensure they are equipped with the necessary tools to reach their goals while acquiring education to weigh all of their options. Dashyia joined the 3Rivers team and 2019 and found her niche on the Youth and College Team.
Before beginning a career with 3Rivers, Dashyia worked in the social work sector in a similar capacity—coming alongside families to help them thrive. Dashyia enjoys traveling, swimming, and good music. In her free time, Dashyia works closely to support children and families dealing with the child welfare system. She is an open book and looks forward to meeting new people.
View Full Bio Page