Student Loans & Refinance
Whether you (or your child) are going into your first year of college or are well into your journey as a student or graduate, 3Rivers has solutions and resources to help you at every stage.
We want you reach your current and your future goals and are happy to support you along the way! We can help you with customized scholarship searches, assist you in navigating your financial aid options, discuss your student loan refinance options, and more.
We go beyond simply helping you cover the costs of college by getting to know your goals as a student exploring college and career options best suited for your wants and needs—in addition to helping you navigate your college funding options so you can make informed decisions that benefit you now and down the road. For questions, please contact 260.399.8265 today!
New Student Loans
- Borrow from $1,000 up to the school certified cost of attendance1
- No origination or early payment fees
- Flexible repayment
Pay it back now or later
No payment is required while you are in school at least half-time or in your grace period.
You Might Also Like
1 3Rivers reserves the right to approve a lower loan amount than the school-certified amount. Information advertised valid as of 12/31/2017.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. CHECK 3RIVERSFCU.ORG FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE PRODUCT INFORMATION.
|Undergraduate Private Student Loan - Variable||$1,000 - $60,000
||as low as 1.99%(1)(2)|
|Undergraduate Private Student Loan - Fixed||$1,000 - $40,000||as low as 3.99%|
|Graduate Private Student Loan - Variable||$1,000 - $60,000
||as low as 4.99%(1)(2)|
|Student Loan Refinance (Federal & Private)||12 - 60 months||Minimum $5,000(3)||as low as 2.74%||3.14%(4)|
|Student Loan Refinance (Federal & Private)||61 - 120 months||Minimum $10,000(3)||as low as 3.24%||3.34%(4)|
|Student Loan Refinance (Federal & Private)||121 - 180 months||Minimum $15,000(3)||as low as 3.74%||3.79%(4)|
(1) The Annual Percentage Rate is subject to change after consummation. Your interest rate is variable and may be adjusted quarterly on each January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1 (Adjustment Date) based on the Prime index as published in the Wall Street Journal on the first business day of the month immediately prior to the Adjustment Date (e.g., December, March, June and September). Any increase in the index may increase the APR and the amount of your monthly payment.
(2) The "Index" for the quarter beginning April 1st, 2021, is 3.25%, which was the Prime index published in the Wall Street Journal on the first business day of April 2021. Current offered rate(s) are calculated by using the Index, Margin and Floor value(s) in effect. Your specific Interest Rate and/or credit approval depends upon the credit qualifications of the student borrower and co-borrower (if applicable). The APR will not exceed 18.00%, or fall below the Floor rate (currently 4.99%) regardless of the Index. Margin will be disclosed at account opening.
Student Choice applications are submitted via our website at: http://3riversfcu.studentchoice.org
(3) Total loan amount considered will be subject to a $100,000 unsecured aggregate limit (excludes credit cards).
(4) APR shown is calculated using the 'as low as' rate, the maximum term, the minimum amount, and a $50 loan processing fee. Your rate is fixed at the time of loan origination and will be determined based on your Loan Term & FICO score/data obtained from your credit file. No Early Payoff Penalties.
Membership required, to learn more visit www.3riversfcu.org/join
Refinance Your Existing Student Loan
Paying Off Your Student Loans
Whether you’re looking to lower your monthly payments or get debt-free sooner, we may be able to help by refinancing your student loans.
How Much Could You Save By Refinancing?
Wondering how much you could save by refinancing your student loans? Check out these resources to get an estimate.
- Student Loan Refinance Calculator
- Average Monthly & Total Savings
- Read the Private Education Loan Application and Solicitation Disclosure
Three Easy Steps:
- Apply Online
- Choose Your Rate and Terms
- Upload Documents & Sign
Opening a checking or savings account as a student is a great way to begin managing and growing your money. Banking with 3Rivers is a great choice for students! We offer perks like no-fee checking accounts, higher dividends, and all of the technology
you need to do your banking on-the-go.
Leaving for school (or spring break)? No problem! We go where you go. Our online and mobile banking options, along with our nationwide shared branching and shared ATM network, make it easy to manage and access your money anytime, anywhere.
Start your Checking/Savings Account
Opening an account and becoming a 3Rivers member is easy! Click on one of our checking or savings options below to get started.
529 College Savings Plan
We also offer 529 College Savings Plans – a flexible and low-maintenance way to save for your child’s (or even your own) college costs!
We highly encourage you to seek out additional options to cut the cost of your college experience. Here are some resources for grants and scholarships in our area. We also offer help creating personalized scholarship lists. Contact us for more info!
Indiana Workforce Ready Grant
The Workforce Ready Grant pays the tuition and mandatory fees for eligible programs at Ivy Tech Community College, Vincennes University or other approved providers. The grant is available for up to two years.
Indiana 21st Century Scholarship
The 21st Century Scholarship covers up to four years of tuition at participating public colleges in Indiana. Enroll in 7th or 8th grade!
Indiana T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship
This award provides opportunities to obtain various credentials for individuals working in licensed, registered or Child Care Development Fund (CCDF) certified child care programs.
Each year, 3Rivers offers a contest in which applicants have the chance to win a scholarship to help pay for school. The entry process consists of filling out an online application and writing an essay. Our scholarship contest runs each Spring.
Resources & Learn
Teens and twenty-somethings who are busy gathering a wealth of knowledge in the classroom are also often in a season of learning about their own finances for the first time. From budgeting and saving, to student loans, and more, managing money on top of being a student can feel overwhelming. We’re here to help you (and your parents) make sense of your options and navigate your financial journey during this chapter of your life.
P: 260.310.5022 | O: 260.490.8328 ext. 3314 | E: email@example.com
James Cashman is passionate about education. He started at 3Rivers in 2016, and has found joy in connecting students with their dream careers. In his role as Youth and College Advisor, he supports families as they plan for higher education and transition into the workforce.
Prior to coming aboard 3Rivers, James studied Spanish and Intercultural Studies at Indiana Wesleyan University, worked as a social worker in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and taught in Barcelona, Spain.
Outside the office, he serves on the board of directors at the East Wayne Street Center, a local education non-profit, and enjoys travel, languages, and reading.
View Full Bio Page
P: 260.515.7216 | O: 260.490.8328 ext. 8230 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caitlyn Lawson started her career with 3Rivers in 2016 and has loved being able to help members with their goals and financial wellness journeys. She is dedicated to helping students find their own unique paths upon graduating high school—helping make sense of higher education, career paths, and the many other financial situations students may discover along the way.
Caitlyn’s own path to a higher education was more of a zig-zag than a straight line. Feel free to ask, she’d be happy to share more about her own journey and lessons learned!
Outside of work, she helps coach and teach swimming, loves to hike and explore new places, and is always seeking a new challenge to accomplish.
View Full Bio Page